Despite the short length of stay, we had a great time in Tassie (as is affectionately called by the locals). It reminded us so much of our honeymoon trip to Vancouver, Canada years back – a stunning city landscape set against the lush mountain ranges. We will be back again, hopefully not too far in the future…
Some trip highlights:
- Seeing snow on Mt. Wellington, being almost frozen to death and yet reluctant to leave;
- History-rich Richmond with 1800s buildings and remain to this day a quaint little village with the oldest and still active Catholic church in Australia, St. John Church;
- Browsing @Salamanca Saturday Market – fresh produce, local food, handmade crafts and wares etc;
- Amazing seafood @Mures – oysters never tasted so fresh!
- The scenic drive through Huon valley with many farms and fruit orchards;
- Visiting the historical site, Port Arthur, and seeing the ancient gaol where English convicts used to be exiled to;
- sipping Starbucks hot chocolate with a shot of expresso on wintry days!