It’s been awhile since our last update; and we even received ‘concerned’ emails asking how we are. It is always heart-warming to know that we are missed and there are people out there who are interested in what’s going on in our lives. So here’s a quick update:
- We will be moving out of our current rented place by 14 Sept. The new rented house is beautiful so despite the inconveniences of moving again, we are looking forward to living there. We will post some pictures once we moved in. [Note: email us for new address, if you want to send us something.]
- We were asked to take up cell leadership in our present cell as it is getting too big. We declined as we didn’t feel led to move in this direction as we prayerfully considered the invitation. Intentional discipleship/mentoring is probably what we wish to focus in this season of our lives. So it didn’t matter if it didn’t come with any official titles. [On this note, we are thankful for the opportunity to be involved in mentoring a dating couple from church. They had approached us on their own and we had been meeting them regularly since then.]
- Work-wise: CS is still in the midst of his 3-month training which is pretty ‘full-on’ (common Aussie slang) but otherwise, he is enjoying work and learning more about the Australian culture each day.E still can’t believe she is working in such a beautiful part of Perth – Fremantle. During lunchtime, she can be found either trawling the secondhand stores, quirky little shops or sharing lunch with friends in a park or the courtyard.
- Winter is gone and it is now spring! We have now officially experienced all the four seasons in Perth. And in the last week of September, we are planning to take a roadtrip along the coral coast to see the wildflowers which are supposed to be in full bloom at this time of the month. Watch this space for photo updates.
- A recent picture of us: This is taken yesterday after work (love the beautiful sky). We do a ‘park-and-ride’ every morning. So we would drive to a train/bus terminal(10mins) and park our car there (free!). Then CS would hop onto a train (10mins) and E would take a bus (25mins) for work.[This picture is taken with E’s latest toy, Canon IXUS 860IS after weeks of badgering CS for it.]