how I’m feeling now…
/ˈsteɪlˌmeɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [steyl-meyt] Show IPA noun, verb, -mat⋅ed, -mat⋅ing.
Use stalemate in a Sentence
1. Chess. a position of the pieces in which a player cannot move any piece except the king and cannot move the king without putting it in check.
2. any position or situation in which no action can be taken or progress made; deadlock: Talks between union and management resulted in a stalemate.
–verb (used with object)
3. to subject to a stalemate.
4. to bring to a standstill.
–verb (used without object)
5. to be or result in a stalemate or standoff: Negotiations stalemated when new salary demands were introduced.
2. impasse, standoff, standstill.
[Definition courtesy of Dictionary.Com]