sunday: photo + words
Last Sunday was memorable in many ways.
- Mish finally came to church with us despite her misgivings (“what happened if they don’t like me, midget?” or “I didn’t really have good experience the last time I went church.”) My response: Mish, I’ll hold your hand if I have to.
- Mish had a great time in church. We also introduced her to 2 fellow Americans – Julie and Erik (see pic above)
- In the evening, we went to Mish’s cosy nook for dinner and had a great time bonding over the delicious food and good conversations.
- It felt good to see someone whom I’ve been praying for finally come to church with me. My faith has played an important part in who I am today; and I hope that Mish will find that for herself one day too.
- It also affirmed us that our decision to move out from a predominantly Asian church to a more international church was a right one; it is definitely easier for our Anglo-Saxon friends/neighbours/colleagues to fit in when we invite them to church.