Christmas camping trip
Over the Christmas period, we went on a mini roadtrip to a seaside town with some friends. And it was memorable for many reasons:
1) It was my maiden camping trip – that’s right, I’ve never done camping ever. The closest experience to that would be those campus crusade camps I’d attended during uni days where we would sleep in classrooms.
2) I don’t survive well under heat so thankfully the extreme heat only happened during the first afternoon we were there. All it does is make me want to drink Coke, Coke and more Coke…
3) Travelling with a dog. The story of how Missy was adopted by Jay was a touching one and the bond between them is definitely noticeable.
4) Eating freshly cooked fish that we caught from the sea ourselves.
5) Sunset fishing – for a non-fisherman like me, the gorgeous sunset is enough to take my breath away.
6) Going for an ‘off-road’ driving – since we drove up in two four-wheel drive vehicles, we decided to venture into a national park for a little adventure. And it was certainly well-worth it. We saw many wild kangaroos (in fact, they were known as the Big Red cos of their massive size).
This camping trip had whetted my appetite for more. And I definitely look forward to the next one!