2010 in review
|Another digital slideshow by Smilebox|
While culling through our 2010 photos so I could do a back-up, many memories came flashing back while looking at the photos. So I thought it will be fun to do a recap of the year on a slideshow.
Putting it in words, 2010 will be remembered for these reasons (in no special order):
- I started baking and I mean seriously baking. From desserts such as cakes, brownies, muffins, cupcakes, loaves.
- CS finally took the plunge and went into his own business – starting his own driving school.
- Missed out on the freak hailstorm which hit Perth ‘cos we were holidaying in Phuket.
- We survived being away from each other for the longest time (2 months) when CS returned to SG to sell our flat.
- Became Australian citizens in August.
- Seeing breakthrough in the lives of the young adults in the connect group we lead in church.
- Did camping for the very first time.
- Experiencing off-road driving and sunset fishing during camping.
- Having mum-in-law come lived with us – a huge adjustment considering that we’ve always lived on our own since our marriage.
- Home improvement front – extended our driveway and had artificial lawn installed in our backyard.
- The passing away of J.R – the neighbour’s cat which we kind of ‘adopted’ ‘cos he was spending so much time in our home.
- All thanks to J.R, we started getting to know our neighbours really well. In fact, we now consider each other good friends and even hang out together!
- CS turned forty – self-explanatory, really.
- Being able to throw CS a proper birthday party with all our good friends around to celebrate with us.
- Our long weekend break in Yallingup – beautiful beach house minutes to the ocean, cooking using fresh produce from the market, each other. Really, we can’t ask for more.
- Growing in my new leadership role at work.
- Experiencing God’s grace in our lives again and again.
- The all-girls roadtrip was a blast but more importantly, it was a reassurance that some friendships can, indeed, stand the test of time.
- Starting my own herb garden – thyme, parsley, basil, mint, coriander, rocket leaves, spring onions, chives. Makes me feel like Jaime Oliver whenever I go out to the backyard and pick my own herbs for cooking!
- Started keeping a diary again ‘cos SF was sweet enough to send me a Starbucks one from Malaysia.
- Ironically, even though there is no Starbucks in Perth, my collection of the Starbucks mugs had actually grown – Lebanon, Portland, Bali, Seattle, San Franscico, Seoul. All thanks to friends who remembered.
- CS sold his prized Subaru Liberty GT post-Christmas cos he decided to ‘grow up’…all good except he’s now in the market looking for a 4-wheel drive to do off-road driving!
- First time we cut short our roadtrip downsouth to Nannup ‘cos it was too hot!
- All the summer stuff we got up to – beach time, snorkelling, outdoor movies, plays in the park, walk by the river etc.